Spark and Burn anyone? This is an example of a loose connection on a copper wiring system. This outlet was serving a computer strip in a Home Office. The Homeowner plugged a space heater into the wall placing a tremendous strain, via the high resistance load, on the outlet. The fact the screw was loose on the side simply compounded the problem. As the electrons flowed through the gap between the screws and the outlet it created tremendous heat that caused the melting of the outlet yoke. Thankfully the homeowner was in the room and smelled the “arcing”. She called us and we repaired the problem. ELECTRICITY CAN KILL DIRECTLY AND INDIRECTLY. Call for a full house inspection today!